Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme brought to you by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish (the button also belongs to them). This week’s theme is your Top Ten Bookish Confessions (Anything! You dog ear, you hated a book but said you loved it, you have $500 library fines…anything goes!).
It’s been a long time since I’ve done a TTT, but I’ve been seriously lacking in inspiration and this is a topic which is sure to yield some funny stories, so here goes…
1. I read library books in the bathtub.
2. I wrote in many, many library books. But if it makes any difference, they were all history books that probably got checked out once a decade at my university’s library. And it was in pencil.
3. If my husband interrupts me while I’m reading, I will ignore him until he goes away.
4. I stay up way past my bedtime to read.
5. I also am late to work sometimes because I read too long at breakfast.
6. I have a book on my shelf called The Perfect Elizabeth which I bought only because of the title and have never read.
7. I’m probably not going to ever get a PhD, but I refuse to get rid of the books from my MA because you never know. I might go back to school. I might want to reread them.
8. I hardly ever reread books because I am afraid that I might be missing the next new-to-me book.
9. I roll my eyes at books about mermaids even though I’ve never read one. I just can’t imagine them not being cheesetastic.
10. I read while watching TV, particularly sports. I look up when the audience starts cheering or my book gets boring.
Confession is good for the soul (or something). So– spill it, what are you bookish confessions?