Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme brought to you by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish (the button also belongs to them). This week’s theme is the Top Ten Series I Haven’t Finished.
1. The Giver by Lois Lowry– I read this one when I was an adult, so I can’t use the excuse that the sequels didn’t exist when I read it. I just don’t think this needs a sequel. I like to pretend that Jonas made it to a good place.
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare– I was pretty disappointed when I read it as it did not live up to the hype I’d heard about it… and honestly, I really didn’t care what happened to the characters, so no point in finishing out the series!
3. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery– I want to read the sequels, but they never seem to make their way into my life. I started the second book on audiobook and I think it expired before I could finish it!
4. Matched by Ally Condie– I really enjoyed Matched, but heard nothing but meh about Crossed, so decided to just leave the series alone until the final book comes out. If it gets better reviews, I may finish the series.
5. The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty– I’ve read all but Perfect Fifths and just haven’t been motivated to pick it up. I love Jessica Darling, but her early 20s were wearing me out!
6. Soulless by Gail Carriger– What a fun book! It takes me a little convincing to get into steampunk (I get a little irritated with the portrayal of the Victorian era… just because people were supposed to be straight-laced, doesn’t mean they were in actuality), though, and while I started the second book, I had to return it to the library before I finished it. Some day, maybe, but I think I have to be in exactly the right mood to appreciate these.
7. Hard and Fast by Erin McCarthy– I LOVE this series of romances centered around NASCAR drivers, but haven’t been able to get a hold of all the books/have been trying to read more variety. I will finish this series, it’s just a matter of time!
8. Divergent by Veronica Roth– Ok, this is sort of cheating as I have read both books that are currently published in this trilogy, but I promise you I will not be reading the third. Insurgent just… argh, frustrated me and made me believe that everything I loved about Divergent was imagined. I will save myself the frustration and avoid concluding this series.
9. Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery– The Fool’s Gold series features romances set in the quirky small town of Fool’s Gold, California. The first book made me so angry that I punched the book. I’m just pretty sure this is not the series for me.
10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman– I know, I know, how did I not race out and read Where She Went immediately after finishing this? I don’t know. I liked the book, thought it was quite beautiful, but as for what happens to Adam and Mia down the road? I just don’t feel that impatient to find out. I mean, clearly things weren’t going to be easy, but I like to think that their love could get them through the tough spots. I don’t want to know if I’m wrong. That story is too sad to not have a happy-ish ending.
Apparently I am very non-committal because this list was easy-peasy to put together! What series have you not finished? Why? What am I missing out by not finishing these series?