Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme brought to you by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish (the button also belongs to them). This week’s theme is the Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years.
This actually works out really well because I’ve been blogging for three years, so basically these are my favorites since I’ve started blogging. I decided to make this REALLY hard on myself and to only include books which I read for the first time since blogging (so no putting Jane Eyre, my all-time favorite book, onto the list because I reread it during the last three years).
1. Unsticky by Sarra Manning– I love this book so much, so hard. I think I will be reading it over and over again forever.
2. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier– Oh, you better believe I’ll be rereading this one on down the line. Beautiful writing and a main character who endures trial after trail with strength and grace.
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn– Not sure this is the kind of book I would reread, but I suspect it will be the thriller I measure other thrillers up against for a long time. It was a one of a kind reading experience, that’s for sure.
4. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell– I just in general like Rainbow Rowell’s books, but I think Attachments was the one that resonated with me most.
5 & 6. The Cuckoo’s Calling and The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith– This series is probably the best mystery series I’ve read in, well, ever. I love Strike and Robin and cannot wait to see where things go with them.
7. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes– I liked it so much I’m currently rereading it. This just tugs at the heartstrings.
8. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot– This is at the top of the list for me in term of favorite non-fiction books. It is the sort of book I wish I could write.
9. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz– A beautiful book. I loved the setting and the parent-child relationships.
10. Simply from Scratch by Alicia Bessette– While this book only got three stars from me, I think about it all the time (and I finished it nearly 3 years ago). And that kind of staying power makes it something special.
What are your newest all-time favorites? Link me up to your posts in the comments!