Brittany over at The Book Addict’s Guide has been hosting the Series Catch-Up 2012 to help us all catch up on the numerous series we’ve started but not completed. I have been participating in a very behind-the-scenes way. That is, I’ve been reading lots of series, but I haven’t exactly been writing reviews.
So let’s take a look at my goals and see what I’ve got to get done in the next month. Holidays, you will not get in my way! I will be a good little blogger and finish out this challenge!
Here’s what I’d hoped to do:
- Finish the Spellman series– Done! And my review of the last 3 books is here.
- Continue with the Anne Shirley series by reading Anne of Avonlea– I am currently reading this one.
- Finish out the Jessica Darling series by reading Perfect Fifths– Done! And my review is here.
- Finish the If I Stay/Where She Went duo by reading Where She Went– This book is in my possession, but I haven’t started it yet.
- Continue with the Ruby Oliver series by reading The Boy Book– Read, need to put a review together.
- Read Wednesday Wars, the companion book to Okay for Now– Read, waiting for a review to get written, which may not happen at this point as I don’t remember much.
Here’s what I did that fits the challenge, but wasn’t in my original goals:
- Read the first nine books of the Stephanie Plum series. I’m not sure I’ll do a review for these, but I might do a series-so-far review, since this is about the only thing I’ve read lately. And I have three more of these waiting for me at home!
I’m impressed with my reading progress and disappointed with my reviewing progress. Let’s hope I can turn that around before I get consumed with the holidays/baby stuff!
8 thoughts on “Series Catch-Up 2012: Update”
What a great idea! I should’ve done something like this too…I have so many series I need to catch up on.
Also I’m curious to see what you think of Where She Went. I read If I Stay and while I liked it, I wasn’t blown away like the rest of the blogosphere was.
I felt the same way about If I Stay, but I thought my problem might have been because I listened to it on audiobook. I’ll let you know how the sequel is, once I decide to read it!
Oooh you’re making great progress!! Who cares about the reviews 😉 It’s more about catching up than forcing you to post reviews for everything!
I really need to get a move on too. I’m totally stuck on Reached but I don’t want to start something new. Sigh.
Haha, I should have a little more free time this month to catch up on reviews. Hopefully I remember enough to get them done!
Sorry Reached is such a disappointment. Those sorts of book really slow down the reading progress. As much as I like the Anne Shirley books, I cannot read them quickly… maybe they’re just too sweet and cute or something?
Possibly? Maybe they’re just books that required some time to read! I put Reached on hold for now. It’s not bad but I’m just not in the right place to read it along with the fact that I was so disappointed with Crossed. We’ll see how it goes in the future!
Yay! Stephanie Plum! I put that series down even though I know I loved the character and sense of humor. That’s a series I need to get back to as well.
They’re a lot of fun, but there are so many of them!
Pingback: 2012 End of Year Book Survey « Don't Take My Books Away