Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme brought to you by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish (the button also belongs to them). This week’s theme is the Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012.
1. Rainbow Rowell– I really enjoyed Attachments and am impatiently awaiting her next novel, Eleanor & Park. Also, she’s funny on the twitter.
2. John Green– He writes smart-funny characters. I like that.
3. Gary D. Schmidt– I was a big fan of both The Wednesday Wars and Okay for Now. He’s definitely Newberry worthy.
4.Erin McCarthy– I loved her racecar driver romance series and she’s definitely made my list of new favorite romance authors.
5.Sherman Alexie– I listened to him read the audiobook version of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian and really appreciated him as a narrator and author. I’m definitely looking forward to exploring some of his short story collections, as I like his perspective on res life.
6. Janet Evanovich– I finally started (and got addicted to) the Stephanie Plum series. I’m really amazed by Evanovich’s ability to write sexual tension… I don’t think I’ve ever cared about the same romantic tensions after that many books before!
7. Neal Shusterman– Unwind is definitely among my favorite books I read this year. While I was less impressed by the book of Shusterman’s I read outside the Unwind series, I think he’s a solid writer and I’m willing to give the others in his large library of works a chance.
8.Gillian Flynn– I’ve only read Gone Girl, but you know what? If she can mess with my mind that good, she’s one hell of a writer!
9. L.M. Montgomery– While I slog through the Anne Shirley books at a snail’s pace, they are really beautiful books about childhood and I definitely want to share her books with Baby Girl when she’s old enough!
10. Patrick Ness– I read the Chaos Walking series and A Monster Calls early this year… really good stuff and books I want to reread someday!
Which authors have become must-reads for you this year?