Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme brought to you by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish (the button also belongs to them). This week’s theme, just in time for Valentine’s Day, is the Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon.
I haven’t been doing many Top Ten Tuesdays lately, but I enjoy a good romance, so this should be a fun topic!
1. Unsticky by Sarra Manning- A romance between two messed up people who get together in a very messed up way and somehow make each other better by being in love. Yeah, that’s the kind of romance I can get behind.
2. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell- Falling in love with a girl you’ve never even seen is super romantic. And Rainbow Rowell writes guys that are total marriage material. Lincoln? Yeah, you’ll want to marry this boy.
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë- As a teenager, I used to go back and reread the banter between Jane and Mr. Rochester just so I could swoon at it. I love good romantic banter. Also, I’m sort of into tortured, pompous, brooding romantic heroes and heroines that don’t compromise their values for a relationship.
4. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion- This book is just so cute. And funny. And cute-funny makes me swoon, what can I say?
5. Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon- I really enjoyed this book when I read it and it has a cute twist to it. Fun chick lit, for sure.
6. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes- Ok, so this is more tragic love story than happily-ever-after, but I love Will. And books about people making each others’ worlds a little bigger and brighter.
7. Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy- A romance where the characters are adults and can actually communicate about their fears and concerns about their relationship. How novel and refreshing.
8. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay- Teens with troubled pasts meet and help each other along the road to healing. There is romantic hand holding. Enough said.
9. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell- More romantic hand holding. And another marriage material kind of man (you know, if he wasn’t a teenager).
10. You Had Me at Hello by Mhairi McFarlane- A really enjoyable British chick lit with a best friends fall in love story.
What are your favorite books to swoon over?